1. By entering the competition (the “Competition”) you agree to these terms and conditions.
2. This Competition is open to residents of the UK and Irelandaged 18 or, except for employees of the Arcadia Group, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with this Competition.
3.To enter you must tell us why you think your mum is amazing in no more than 150 words. Enter online at www.evans.co.uk/Woman.
4.The Competition opens at 00.01am (GMT) February 9th 2016 and closes at 11.59pm (GMT) Wednesday 2nd March 2016 (the “Closing Date”). Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Late, incomplete, illegible or defaced entries will not be accepted.
5. There shall be one winner (the “Winner”). Woman Magazine will select a shortlist of entries which, in the sole opinion of Woman Magazine, are the most original entries. From this shortlist Evans will choose the winning entry which, in the sole opinion of Evans, is the most original entry. The Winner will be notified by email by no later than Friday 4th March 2016. Evans’decisions shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
6. There is one prize (the “Prize”) to be won. All elements of the Prize shall take place at a London location on the same day (the “Prize Day”), date restrictions noted below. The Prize shall consist ofthe following:
a) A makeover experience for the Winner with Evans and Woman Magazine;
b) A video shoot with Woman Magazine, to be used on both Evans and Woman Magazine websites and social media; and
c) An Evans wardrobe for the Winner (up to £500 maximum value) to be chosen from selected Evans products on the Prize Day by the Winner and Woman Magazine’s Lifestyle Director Kath Brown.
7. The Prize must be taken in the week commencing 6th March 2016, precise date to be chosen at Evans and Woman Magazine’s sole discretion. The Prize does not include any travel or travel expenses to, from or during the Prize Day. Lunch will be provided.
8. If the Prize is not claimed within 1 day of the Winner being notified, Evans reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternative winner.
9. The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. There is no cash alternative. Evansreserves the right to substitute the Prize (or any part thereof) for one of its choosing which has a value the same or greater than the original Prize in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
10.Only one entry per person. Any person found to be sending multiple entries will be ineligible. Evansdoes not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry.
11. You will retain the rights of ownership in your entry submission (“Entry”). However, in consideration of Evansproviding the Competition, you will grant Evans and Woman Magazine a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use your Entry in any of Evans’ and Woman Magazine’s publications, websites, promotional activities and any other materials, for 50 years from the closing date of the Competition. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you hereby agree to waive all, and agree not to assert any, of your moral rights (or similar rights) wherever in the world arising which relate to your Entry. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Evans and will not be returned.
12. All Entries must be your own work and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other similar competition. It is your responsibility to ensure that any Entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or any laws. You warrant that the Entryis your own work and that you own the intellectual property rights in it.
14.By entering the Competition, the Winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Evans and Woman Magazine may require.
15. The Winner’s first name, surname and county will be available for 28 daysafter the Closing Date and can be requested by sending a stamped addressed envelope to “Evans & Woman Magazine #mumknowsbest Competition”at the address below.
16. Evans reserves the right to (i) cancel this Competition, (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iii) amend these terms and conditions (and will use reasonable endeavors to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants). These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of a dispute.
Promoter: Evans Retail Limited trading as Evans. Company No. 8907190.
Registered office: Colegrave House, 70 Berners Street, London, W1T 3NL.