Interested in Applying?
- Ensure you read the advert carefully. Do you have all the skills and experience outlined? Can you realistically travel to the location specified?
- Try to complete the online application form as thoroughly as possible and attach your CV if you can.
Before the Interview
- Familiarise yourself with the Evans brand. Make yourself aware of any events or developments the company has been involved in - look at the company website or annual reports.
- Research the wider industry, including our retail competitors, and be aware of any recent news that may be relevant.
- Think about your key strengths and be aware of development needs that you're currently focusing on.
- Prepare a couple of well thought out questions for the interviewer - this is your chance to find out as much as possible about the company and the role.
- Dress appropriately, bearing in mind that we're a leading fashion brand.
- Plan your journey in advance and allow extra time in case the unexpected arises!
At the Interview
- If there is a delay to your journey always ring the interviewer to let them know your reasons for the delay.
- Arrive at the interview in good time - first impressions always count.
- Switch your phone off - there is no need for unnecessary disruptions!
- Maintain eye contact with your interviewer, and use positive body language - this shows you are confident and interested.
- Listen carefully to the interviewer and don't be afraid to ask them to repeat the questions.
- Be open and honest in your answers, and remain focused on the question.
- Above all, be yourself!
After the interview
- Review and evaluate how the interview went - was there anything you weren't prepared for that you would do differently? Use each interview as a learning experience.
- Be open and receptive to the feedback you receive and use it to improve your performance for the future.