our commitment to the community
Each year in the UK, households throw away almost 30 million tonnes of waste, that's the same as 4.3 million African Elephants or 109 thousand of the world largest passenger aircrafts!
Recycling should be a key part of our daily life. If no one recycled, we would eventually run out of the world's resources, as well as running out of space to bury our rubbish.
At Evans, recycling is a key part of our strategy. Read on for some of our key actions:
- We already recycle our hangers. Going forward all our carrier bags, kimbal tags, leaflets and postcards in store will all be made from recyclable materials. The Recycle logo will be on all of these materials, to encourage our customers to think before throwing away!
- 14 Evans stores are currently segregating their cardboard, paper and polythene so that they can be recycled. Going forward, we foresee this to be rolled out across the brand, with stores segregating card, plastic and general waste.
- As space can be an issue for our store teams, we're introducing Manual Bag Compactors so that we can compact our plastic, enabling us to recycle.
- Back Hauling is a key part of our future strategy. Through backhauling, we can avoid sending card and plastic back to landfill sites, therefore saving space.
- Our head office team are also focused on recycling - we provide bins so that everyone can work in an environmental friendly way.